Monday, May 14, 2012

Action 479 - Drink My Last Diet Soda.

Oh, this one is not cool. I drink a lot of water each day already, but I am making the full shift after tonight. For the rest of the week, until the marathon, I will not be indulging in my once-or-twice-daily treat.

Action 479 - Drink My Last Diet Soda. And tonight, I will.

I spent some time researching the effects of diet soda on the body, specifically the effect on running performance. What I found was a lot of "it's just bad" opinions and very little documentation. So I don't know that there is any real science to support the idea that diet sodas negatively affect runners.

But I do know that water is more refreshing in large quantities, and that's my big priority this week. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

So, for now, it's goodbye, Coke Zero. I'll miss ya!