Friday, June 22, 2012

A Look Back - "John's 30 Day Challenge"


Two years ago, I decided to change my life. I knew I needed something to shock my mind and my body, and this is what I came up with. Looking back now, I'm feeling pretty happy with my plan. It worked!
__________

Wednesday, June 23, 2010


John's 30 Day Challenge
I'll be honest. I'm a "lots of energy upfront" guy who quickly loses interest or motivation. I struggle with taking a good idea and seeing it through to completion. And with physical fitness and a lifestyle change, that sort of stop-and-start undermines success. So, here I am with a plan.


I'm calling it my own 30 Day Challenge. The idea behind it is simple. I can do anything for 30 days. I just need to clearly define my goals.


For 30 days, I will get to the gym for at least one hour of cardio each day. It can be running, elliptical, or the bike, but it has to be every day and it has to be a minimum of an hour.


For 30 days, I will use the Spark People Nutrition Tracker to record my food intake.


For 30 days, I will drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.


For 30 days, I will not drink caffeine after 5pm.


For 30 days, I will not drink alcohol. The empty calories are bad enough, but when drinking, I often make poor eating choices.


For 30 days, I will eat portion controlled, nutritious meals.


For 30 days, I will get enough sleep to allow my body to recover from each day's exercise. I will not stay up too late. I need at least 6 hours each night.


For 30 days, I will make myself a priority. I will reset my attitude on physical fitness and health, and I will emerge on the other side of this with a renewed sense of accomplishment and a seriously improved attitude.


For 30 days, I will remember what it feels like to be the best person I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment