Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week 5 Recap - Summer of Run

Saturday was the end of week 5 of my Summer of Run Challenge.

  1. I ran all seven days.
  2. I ran at least one 10-minute mile each day.
  3. I ran more than 15 miles for the week.
One thing I did not do was stick with my plan of running low mileage. Despite recovering from bronchitis, I still ran my second highest mileage week so far this challenge. I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Here's how it happened:


And the challenge recap so far:

The running felt really good all week. I was surprised that I was able to run two different 10k distances without coughing. After each day's run, I coughed a bit, but for the most part, I'm good to go.

And that makes me very happy, especially since I have a half marathon to run on Sunday, July 29th, in Long Beach, California.

This week, I'll be running much closer to my 15 mile weekly minimum, mostly to rest up for Sunday's half. Still, it's going to be another great week of running!

And the Summer of Run continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment