Thursday, September 27, 2012

Running Naked? Sure, why not?

Today, I ran naked through my neighborhood. Yep, true story. 

 
(Not me. Not my neighborhood.) 

Of course, by naked, I mean I ran without my music, my Garmin, or my iPhone. Just me and my RoadID for safety. 

And it felt good. I heard my own footsteps as they hit the pavement. I heard my own breathing. I heard the sounds of everything going on around me as I ran by. It was a different running experience, that's for sure. 

I mapped it out when I got home and I ran 2.85 miles in 27 minutes. That's 9:28 average pace. And interestingly enough, that's about my average pace for my entire Summer of Run Challenge. 

Turns out, even without a watch to pace myself, I still run about the same speed. 

So go me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment