Friday, November 23, 2012

Let It Go.

I just read this in the Daily Spark entry by The Slowest Loserwww.dailyspark.com/blog.
asp?post=a_simple_shortcut
_to_lasting_happiness 

_____ 

There's a parable about two monks in a book I read to my kids called Zen Shorts. The older monk walks through a puddle carrying a nasty, entitled woman on his back so she won’t get her silk robes wet. Once on the other side, she shoves the monk out of the way, doesn’t thank him and goes on her way. A younger monk can't get the incident out of his mind. Two hours later, he expresses dismay to the older monk that the woman was selfish and rude and didn’t thank him. 

“I set the woman down hours ago,” the older monk replied. “Why are you still carrying her?” 
___________ 

Wow. Sometimes, it's the simple stories that really resonate. And this one does with me. 

What do I need to let go of? It's definitely got me thinking today... 

No comments:

Post a Comment