Tuesday, November 19, 2013

30-60-90 Challenge

It's been a fun couple of months, sure, but it's time for me to refocus on my fitness and health goals. I've been active in big running events, but my training routine has suffered. Worse, my eating has become less about nutrition and moderation and more about speed and convenience.

Not surprisingly, my weight reflects my lack of fitness and my abundance of calories. And I am not okay with that. It isn't that I've gained pounds, because I'm not obsessed with weighing any particular number. It's that no longer feel fit. I have lost speed and stamina in my running and my core strength is noticeably weaker than it was even one year ago.

What do I do when I notice a problem? I jump full-on into a challenge that, hopefully, will help get me back on track. And this time is no exception.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my 30-60-90 Challenge.

For the next 30 days, I will complete the following:
  1. Run 3 miles, 3 times per week
  2. 30 crunches each day
  3. 30 pushups each day
  4. Eat within my calorie range 30% (2 days) of the week
For the next 30 days, I will complete the following:
  1. Run 6 miles, 3 times per week
  2. 60 crunches each day
  3. 60 pushups each day
  4. Eat within my calorie range 60% (4 days) of the week
For the next 30 days, I will complete the following:
  1. Run 9 miles, 3 times per week
  2. 90 crunches each day
  3. 90 pushups each day
  4. Eat within my calorie range 90% (6 days) of the week
I will likely find some other physical activities to do, especially during the first thirty days, and I will not overindulge on food on the non-tracking days just because I can. But I am easing myself back into a routine and think this progressive plan will be a challenge but also doable.

My challenge ends on February 15th, and I will celebrate that milestone with the California 10/20 Race, a ten mile coastal run here in North County San Diego. It will be fun to run in an organized event again feeling more physically fit and mentally ready.

So, here we go with my 30-60-90 Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment