Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Little San Diego Mayhem

Okay, San Diego. What's going on?

This is what I woke up to this morning for my local news alerts. In the last 24 hours, we've had a skydiver fall to his death in what appears to be a suicide, a plane crash in a local strip mall parking lot, a deadly shooting outside of a grocery store, a pedestrian struck and killed a mile or so from my office, and a body wash up on the beach.

What is happening? Suicide, shooting, plane crash, fatal vehicle accident, and a body washing ashore are not exactly elements of "America's Finest City."

Alright, people. Let's get it together. If I wanted this kind of random violence and craziness, I'd live in Los Angeles.

This is San Diego. We are laid-back, mellow, and calm. We are nice to each other. We are happy people enjoying the good life. Let's at least try and act like it, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment