Monday, August 24, 2015

Revel Canyon City Marathon Training - Five Weeks Done, Eleven Weeks To Go

It's been two weeks since I shared an update on my marathon training, so here's the good and the bad.

The results so far are good. As of Saturday, the end of Week 5, I had dropped nearly sixteen pounds.


And my weight dropped from 235 to 219.2.



While the results were good and I'm happy with them, I know they could have been better. And I say that knowing full well that I was inconsistent over the last two weeks. I ran every scheduled mile during Week 4 but I missed three training runs in Week 5. That hurt my overall performance numbers for the Five Week Total:



Worse than missing a run, though, I also made some poor eating choices over the last week. I let my laziness bleed over from the exercise to the nutrition, and that also had a negative affect on my results.

Am I happy with the additional weight loss? Sure, of course I am. But I'm also honest and know that I can't expect results from work I didn't do.

So going into Week 6, I know what to do. Commit to the training plan and make good food choices. It's as basic as it gets.

And I can do this.



No comments:

Post a Comment