Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Running? What running?

This has not been a good year for me as a runner. Once again, I've let the craziness of the real world distract me from taking care of my health.

I have a Ragnar Relay in three weeks. And a full marathon two weeks after that. I don't feel trained for either event.

Candidly, I need to get my shit together. This is a bad situation that continues to get worse.

This coming Thursday, I leave town for a ten day mental-health vacation. And I fully expect my calorie intake will be high as I eat and drink my way across the country.

Oddly enough, I'm okay with that. I need to focus on my heart and soul right now. When I return on the 31st of January, I'll make physical fitness a priority.

But, that isn't to say that the next ten days will be a free-for-all. Healthy eating won't be my primary goal, but I will work to make smarter choices when the opportunities arise.

If it all sounds rather muddled and unclear, then you are reading it correctly. I'm not sure exactly how this trip is going to go. But I will do what I can, when I can, and deal with the consequences when I get back.

Healthy living and fitness is a lifelong journey. And sometimes, there will be necessary detours along the way. This is one of them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment